KAT auditions follow these guidelines in most cases:
- Auditions will be by time slot sign-up
- Auditionees are required to fill out an online audition form as well as a conflicts calendar
- A current photo or headshot must be uploaded with your audition form
- If there is a singing portion, please bring sheet music and prepare 16-32 measures of a piece that shows off your vocal ability/range. No a cappella auditions
- There may be a dancing portion (please come dressed to move), and there may be cold readings from the script
**IMPORTANT NOTE: come to auditions wearing whatever you’d like, but please NO HATS OR CAPS.**
KAT holds totally open auditions — no parts are pre-cast — and all auditionees are invited to watch the audition procedure. We frequently have 40%-60% newcomers in a show. Not all auditionees will be asked to callbacks. This does not mean a person is not cast as some parts may be cast from the initial auditions.
Artists from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered for all roles, unless otherwise stated in the casting breakdown, due to script requirements.
Kensington Arts Theatre does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations, including casting.
Standard rehearsal schedule: Mondays through Thursdays, 7:30-10:00pm; Saturday/Sunday, 1:00-5:00pm (not everyone is called for every rehearsal)
We look forward to seeing you at auditions.
Craig Pettinati, KAT Artistic Director