KAT auditions follow these guidelines in most cases:
- appointments are not necessary
- auditionees are required to fill out an audition form as well as a conflicts calendar
- a current photo is taken of each auditionee (you may bring a headshot and resumé if you’d like)
- there is a singing portion (please bring sheet music and prepare 16-32 measures of a piece that shows off your vocal ability/range)
- there may be a dancing portion (please come dressed to move)
- there may be cold readings from the script
**IMPORTANT NOTE: come to auditions wearing whatever you’d like, but please NO HATS OR CAPS.**
KAT holds totally open auditions — no parts are pre-cast — and all auditionees are invited to watch the audition procedure. We frequently have 40%-60% newcomers in a show. Not all auditionees will be asked to callbacks. This does not mean a person is not cast as some parts may be cast from the initial auditions.
Standard rehearsal schedule: Mondays through Thursdays, 7:30-10:00pm; Saturday/Sunday, 1:00-5:00pm (not everyone is called for every rehearsal)
We look forward to seeing you at auditions.
Craig Pettinati, KAT Artistic Director